Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Perils of Tulip Planting

Yesterday there was a break in the rain, so I dashed outside to plant some tulips that had been taking up space in the fridge since before Christmas. (Ah, the joys of living in a place where you wear a coat and drink hot chocolate while watching the July 4th fireworks, but still have to chill tulips before planting...)

And while I planted, the chickens stood around me in a semi-circle, watching with great interest, making that throaty little brrrrrrrr sound that either means "I love you unconditionally" or "Can I eat that?"

I finished with the tulips and walked around, doing a little pruning and general tidying up. By the time I finished, the girls had dug up my tulips and were searching for worms. They have a few things to learn about tending a garden. Ah well, they eat snails and nibble on weeds, which is more than the cats do... Posted by Picasa