Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Seed Ballz

Something else I'm trying out from the garden show: these little clay balls impregnated with seeds. Last year I picked a few up at the Seattle show and they did nothing for me, so when I saw the booth in San Francisco and said that I'd tried them and they didn't work out, the woman immediately pressed a replacement into my hands. I like that attitude!

The idea is that you just toss these around the garden--no digging--and water until the little guys are well-established. They have photos of beautiful bunches of flowers springing from these things. Maybe I didn't water enough last time. It's raining nonstop here now, so that shouldn't be a problem. Chives seemed like a particularly good use of this idea, since you want them to grow in clumps anyway.

Check them out herePosted by Picasa